Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Part XI of XII of the interregnum: Geneva's underbelly

Close-up graffiti image of a head in Geneva, SwitzerlandDear Gentle Reader,

It's the last week of the e-interregnum!

I keep saying that I live in Gotham. 

I might even write about that, one day. But not today.

While I have not been offering written fluff, for three weeks, I have been providing a pictorial view of the underbelly of cities. 

Well, a view of only one city prior to this week. 

But, today, a third city. Today, Geneva.

Geneva (Genebra in Italian, Genève in French, Genf in German) is a fantastic city and was the previous stomping ground of your humble scribe, your Heroine, and your Hero. But the humble scribe has no time to write until May 18, as an e-interregnum is currently in effect as previously noted here.

So, instead, a head-level look at the popular art. And by popular art, I mean art by the populous. 

By the people.

A series of graffiti shots.

Your humble scribe may add commentary after May 18. We'll see. But, till then, each picture counts as 1000 words.


Tschuess,
Chris




Graffiti image of a street-corner dude in Geneva, Switzerland




Graffiti image of a street-wise angel/thug in Geneva, Switzerland




Graffiti image of a street-wise anarchist/thug in Geneva, Switzerland




As per always, 
on every post, 
on this blog, 

putting the mouse over the picture reveals the captions.

And these postings are all automated, 

as your humble scribe will not be back until 18 May.

But, 

I will be keen

to read 

what 

YOU

choose

to say.

4 comments:

Thom Gabrukiewicz said...

I've missed your wit, comments and creativity around 3WW and The Tension. It wasn't something I said, was it?

BSOB said...

Hey Man - i love street art! quickly becomming my favorite artwork to look at. By the way - you might want to check out both sides and tell me where to ship the painting - cuz it's yours!

-Ben

Dominic Rivron said...

When I see graffiti I always think of http://www.flickr.com/photos/37654053@N00

(Its the flickr site of an Iranian artist who has created a lot of street art).

Sepiru Chris said...

Hi ThomG,

Thank you very much, no, it was nothing that you said; I have been on e-hiatus for a month owing to an e-interregnum and external to the e-world demands upon my time.

All these postings were pre-written before I took off. Now I am back, and shall be back to 3WW and The Tension.


Hi Ben,

Glad that you liked the street art. And I am delighted to be the recipient of your art. I will email you shortly, after I catch up on a month of no replies to comments...


Hi Dominic,

This is the first time that I have ever knowingly used flickr. What a great site to send me too. I have just bookmarked his tehran blog site also.

Their are some great stretches in Geneva that I want to photograph the next time that I am back there. Probably in September. I look forward to sharing those. Thanks for the heads-up on the Iranian gentleman.


Tschuess,
Chris